Friday, June 28, 2013

SAINT PETER SPEAKS AND I ACT

SAINT PETER 
It is not every day that I feel Saint Peter is talking to me - just as well , or I would be wholly delusional.

But this morning, as I was pondering what to do in relation to a specific problem, I came across a quote from Saint Peter which someone had posted on Facebook :

"Do not return evil for evil or reviling for reviling; but on the contrary bless, for to this you have been called, that you may obtain a blessing. (1 Peter 3:9)"

In any such difficult matters I do try to avoid "reviling for reviling" when they infrequently occur. But the great Saint's injunction to : " on the contrary bless" added an additional element to my considerations,so:

Readers will recall my Post on 24th June, 2013, now 4 days gone recounting the savage treatment on a Priest run Blog, of my moderate comments in the matter of the Holy Father's abrupt no show at a classical Concert at which he was to be guest of honour, and the poor handling of the matter by his representatives.I also published in that Post my again moderate response to the attack which is still unpublished on the Blog involved -" awaiting Moderation". Thus effectively leaving the attack in place and denying me the right to correct the problems with that attack.

To the Priest Author of that Blog then I say in all sincerity may God Bless you and help you in whatever problems may affect you.

NOTE:

If one sometimes well-informed commentator is to be believed, this morning, we may soon see news of a major scandal involving 14 Clergy and a laicised Priest in Rome itself. It may well have been this very affair -said to be quite explosive - which had " broken" and caused the no show. If so, the total mishandling of the affair could be attributed to the " flap" surrounding that event.

No comments: