"FINDING JESUS" FUNDAMENTALIST EXPERIENCES

"Discovering Jesus" at HILLSONG
I had a very interesting conversation over a light lunch the other day with another friend and a Priest recently returned from travelling for some time. In the course of a wide-ranging discussion, Father mentioned encountering some college friends who had abandoned the Faith because they had " discovered Jesus" in a fundamentalist "Christian " sect.In the conversation the emphasis was on his sorrow at seeing these folk slide away from the Faith.

Later, it came back to my mind, when I was reading some Meditations on the Life of Christ ( Father Nicola Avancini S.J.). Have these folk , who have abandoned Jesus' Mystical Body - the Catholic Church , really "discovered Jesus? 

We are of course not talking about some merely human founder of an organisation, or some mere philosopher . No we are talking about God made Man. The God/Man Who said of Himself :

"4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in me, and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. If a man does not abide in me, he is cast forth as a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire and burned. If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you will, and it shall be done for you. By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be my disciples. As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you; abide in my love."(John 15: 4 - 9)

This is the same Jesus Who said :

"....18 And I tell you, you are Peter,[c] and on this rock[d] I will build my church, and the powers of death[e] shall not prevail against it.[f] 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven,[g] and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.” (Matt. 16: 18-19)"
and later He said :

"....19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age.”

"....that they may all be one; even as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. 22 The glory which thou hast given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one, 23 I in them and thou in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that thou hast sent me and hast loved them even as thou hast loved me."
(John 17: 21-23)

Here we see Jesus' Will for His followers in its fullness and integrity. And so it remained essentially , for 1,000 years until the political strength of Constantinople seduced the Church in the East to flatter itself with false teachings and separate itself from communion with the Successor of Saint Peter. Then, after nearly 500 years of relative peace the Protestant Deformers of the Church burst upon the scene bolstered by local Monarchs who eyed the lands and buildings of Christ's Church to finance their wars with one another. Since then an estimated 40-60,000 Protestant sects have broken of into ever dwindling fragments.

All of this we see from Jesus' own words is directly contrary to His Divine Will.

Lastly on the scene are these so-called "Fundamentalist" or even " Pentecostalists" claiming to be inspired by the Holy Spirit - and claiming to offer people a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Their whole activity is driven by emotionalism and hype and opposed to the use of reason and therefor opposed to a thorough understanding of Sacred Scripture. Concentrating on a relatively few passages without regard for their context , they sweep the gullible ,or the willful guilty, off their feet with emotional appeals and pop music in mass meetings and bombard them with essentially empty repetitious slogans. And these people then claim to have " discovered Jesus".


JESUS IS WITH US UNTIL THE END OF TIME
AS HE HAS BEEN SINCE THE NIGHT OF THE LAST SUPPER


NO. It is not possible to establish a " personal relationship with Jesus" by ignoring His words, His instructions in fact. We cannot " find" Him by refusing His Will for us.

What then have they found? What can we say of an organisation that deliberately perverts the Word of God in Sacred Scriptures, that seeks to intoxicate people with a totally false representation of Jesus Christ's teaching. There is no plainer example of the work of the Father of Lies. It is NOT Jesus Christ they have met but the work of Satan himself. He who hates God and Man is marvellously subtle in presenting himself in such a way as to appeal to peoples' better instincts with much "God" and " Jesus" talk and then , whipping them into an excited mob he leads them off just like a wolf in sheeps' clothing.

No-one can " find Jesus" by doing the very opposite of what Jesus desired and required.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CONVICT PRIEST - FATHER JAMES DIXON

CRASH THROUGH OR CRASH ?

SILENCE IS NO LONGER SAFE