|CARDINALS' RED BIRETTAS - THE "RED HAT" TRADITIONALLY REFERRED TO IS HOWEVER THE CARDINAL'S GALERO WITH BROAD BRIM , AND TASSELS|
The Pope named 15 voting cardinals:
- Archbishop Pietro Parolin, Vatican Secretary of State;
- Archbishop Lorenzo Baldisseri, Secretary of the Synod of Bishops;
- Archbishop Gerhard Ludwig Müller, prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith;
- Archbishop Beniamino Stella, Prefect of the Congregation for the Clergy;
- Archbishop Leopoldo José Brenes Solórzano of Managua, Nicaragua;
- Archbishop Gérald Cyprien Lacroix of Québec;
- Archbishop Jean-Pierre Kutwa of Abidjan, Ivory Coast;
- Archbishop Vincent Nichols of Westminster;
- Archbishop Orani João Tempesta of Rio de Janeiro;
- Archbishop Gualtiero Bassetti of Perugia-Città della Pieve; [replaced Bagnasco as a member of the Cong. for Bishops]
- Archbishop Mario Aurelio Poli of Buenos Aires;
- Archbishop Andrew Yeom Soo jung of Seoul;
- Archbishop Ricardo Ezzati Andrello of Santiago de Chile;
- Archbishop Philippe Nakellentuba Ouédraogo of Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso;
- Archbishop Orlando Quevedo of Cotabato, Philippines;
- Bishop Chibly Langlois of Les Cayes, Haiti.
He also appointed three non-voting cardinals who are over 80:
-Archbishop Loris Francesco Capovilla, former secretary to John XXIII,
-Emeritus Archbishop Fernando Sebastián Aguilar of Pamplona
-Archbishop Kelvin Edward Felix of Castries, Saint Lucia.
It is interesting to note that not one is from the United States.
It is also interesting to note that all the Media speculation about Lay Cardinals and even female Cardinals , is shown to be the mischievous rubbish we knew it was.